- The emission of electrons from a heated source.More example sentences
- However, Carnap's principal interest at that time was in physics, and by 1913 he was planning to write his dissertation on thermionic emission.
- After graduating, he began a research project in the Cavendish Laboratory on thermionic emission but it appears not to have gone too well and he gave up the project.
- The gas, primarily consisting of cathode material, expands into the vacuum where it is ionised by bombardment from the thermionic emission due to the very hot underlying cathode.
More definitions of thermionic emissionDefinition of thermionic emission in:
- The British & World English dictionary