Definition of thermogenesis in English:
The production of heat, especially in a human or animal body.
- The drug produces weight loss by its anorectic effect and, possibly, by stimulating thermogenesis.
- More specifically, fish oils have been shown to increase thermogenesis, decrease body fat deposition, and improve glucose clearance.
- Increasing thermogenesis (the body's natural fat-burning process) is the fastest way to burn fat.
- Example sentences
- Cinnamon helps regulate blood-sugar levels and is a mild thermogenic, helping to boost calorie burning.
- For example, a woman who takes thermogenic herbs but seldom exercises will probably achieve the greatest amount of additional fat loss by getting to the gym more often as opposed to changing supplements.
- If you'd like to boost your thermogenic potential - that is, your fat-burning capacity - without using ephedrine, try these seven alternatives.
Definition of thermogenesis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia