Definition of thermosetting in English:
Denoting substances (especially synthetic resins) that set permanently when heated. Often contrasted with thermoplastic.
- After polymerisation using heat, light, radiation, or catalysis a range of strong thermosetting plastics can be produced.
- The methanal can then be used in the manufacture of thermosetting plastics.
- He called this material Bakelite - after himself - and it was the first thermosetting plastic in the world.
thermoset adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- There are three classes of polymers - thermoplastics, thermosets, and elastomers.
- An alternative approach is to use powder coatings, which involves spraying or dipping components in thermoplastic or thermoset resin powders.
- One after another, he circulated plastic bags containing polymer samples through the meeting room: brittle black thermosets, pliable brown elastomers, and tough fiberglass composites.
Definition of thermosetting in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan