• formal • humorous
- Of or relating to drama and the theater: thespian talentsMore example sentences
- His concentration on style, however, leaves us with an emotionally tinny thespian drama.
- Maya Maron, who plays the daughter who keeps the family from coming apart at the seams, has been singled out as a major new thespian talent in Israel, due to the strength of her performance here.
- This wasn't the result of some sudden outbreak of thespian talent, but rather part of a science/art crossover project called Genes Talking.
nounBack to top
- An actor or actress.More example sentences
- In the current offering we have Brenda Blethyn as Mrs Warren, heading a cast of truly hard-working thespians.
- Budding young thespians auditioned in front of actor Neil Morrissey for the chance of a trip of a lifetime to Italy.
- Okay, so it's faint praise, but Driver has made the transition from actress to singer far more successfully than most thespians who have tried it.
More definitions of thespianDefinition of thespian in:
- The British & World English dictionary