- 1The part of the human leg between the hip and the knee.More example sentences
- A cuff is inflated around the thigh to obstruct venous outflow but not arterial inflow.
- A magnetic resonance scan of his thigh showed a lesion within the sciatic nerve.
- The tennis player, ranked 67th in the world, is recovering from a torn abductor muscle in her thigh.
- 1.1The corresponding part in other animals.More example sentences
- One young bird, handled after wandering, readily disgorged a leg and thigh of a former brother or sister.
Old English thēh, thēoh, thīoh, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch dij.