noun (plural thimbleberries)
- A North American blackberry or raspberry with thimble-shaped fruit.
More example sentences
- Genus Rubus, family Rosaceae: several species, including R. parviflorus, which has white flowers and juicy, somewhat tasteless fruit
- Delicious, dewy-cold thimbleberries were scattered on top.
- To add to his challenges, Likes must deal with a high volume of brush such as thimbleberry, twinberry, elderberry, and fireweed.
- Common in the understory are chokecherry, beaked hazelnut, a wild rose, red baneberry, thimbleberry, and bracken.
More definitions of thimbleberryDefinition of thimbleberry in:
- The British & World English dictionary