Definition of thin-film in English:
1(Of a process or device) using or involving a very thin solid or liquid film.
- In fact, he said, plastic polymer displays can be manufactured using a roll-to-roll process that is not unlike a printing press, whereby the thin-film display material is produced in continuous sheets.
- Newer thin-film PV technology is lighter-weight and unbreakable, doesn't require expensive frames, tolerates cloudy weather and shading better, and costs less to produce than earlier products.
- Significant technological hurdles remain, however, before thin-film technology could be implemented as the primary power source for spacecraft.
1.1 Electronics Denoting a miniature circuit or device consisting of a thin layer of metal or semiconductor on a ceramic or glass substrate.
- When an electric field is applied between the electron-supply layer and the thin-film metal electrode, the electron emission device emits electrons.
- In active-matrix display architecture, a thin-film polysilicon transistor on the substrate addresses each pixel individually.
- An integrated capacitive device has a thin-film capacitor formed of first and second electrode layers, electrically separated by a dielectric layer formed of a hydrogen-degradable compound.
Definition of thin-film in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.