Definition of thinker in English:
1A person who thinks deeply and seriously.
- Deep down, they are serious thinkers and are students of life and all of its mysteries.
- There have been signs too that Sampras, always more of a doer than a thinker, has been contemplating life after tennis.
- He's an exceptional combination of a precise thinker and an imaginative thinker.
1.1A person with highly developed intellectual powers, especially one whose profession involves intellectual activity: a leading scientific thinker
More example sentences
- By 1909 Einstein was recognised as a leading scientific thinker and in that year he resigned from the patent office.
- Often, alchemists were among the leading scientific and religious thinkers of their time.
- For thousands of years religious dogma and tribal superstitions kept scientific thinkers in a locked box.
Words that rhyme with thinkerblinker, clinker, drinker, finca, freethinker, Glinka, Inca, inker, jinker, shrinker, sinker, Soyinka, stinker, stotinka, tinker, Treblinka, winker
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan