- A synthetic compound derived from phenothiazine, used as a tranquilizer, chiefly in the treatment of mental illness.More example sentences
- The phenothiazine associated with most deaths was not thioridazine but chlorpromazine.
- The Irish Medicines Board has decided to ban the use of the antipsychotic drug thioridazine in children because of fears over cardiac side effects.
- Chlorpromazine, haloperidol and thioridazine became the standard treatments for schizophrenia.
More definitions of thioridazineDefinition of thioridazine in:
- The British & World English dictionary