- A synthetic crystalline compound used in photography and the manufacture of synthetic resins.
More example sentences
- The sulfur analog of urea; chemical formula: SC(NH2)2
- Isothiocyanate reacts spontaneously with amino groups to form thiourea which interferes in the thyroid gland with the organification of iodide and the formation of thyroid hormone.
- All three have been shown to be active in a variety of yeast-based screens and there is some evidence that urethane and thiourea may induce free radicals in yeast cells.
- Though the mutagenic activity of ethylene thiourea is well documented, very little is known about the deleterious effects of zineb.
More definitions of thioureaDefinition of thiourea in:
- The British & World English dictionary