Definition of third party in English:
1A person or group besides the two primarily involved in a situation, especially a dispute.
- In these circumstances, the asset given as security belongs to the defendant, not a third party.
- What I wanted to ask you was, was there any possibility of a third party being involved in the dismemberment?
- Here there is no need for a third party to have become involved.
1.1A political party organized as an alternative to the major parties in a two-party system.
- It is, if you will, a conspiracy by the two parties to keep third parties out of the presidential debates.
- It is New York's third party, the Conservative Party, that provides the best hope here.
- Also, the Electoral College helps maintain a two-party system, by discouraging third parties with the winner-take-all principle.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
Of or relating to a person or group besides the two primarily involved in a situation: third-party suppliers
More example sentences
- Participating suppliers must submit to third-party audits and disclose energy sources to consumers.
- Many e-commerce websites use online shopping carts provided by third-party suppliers.
- There is no disinterested third-party witness to say who is telling the truth and who is lying.
Definition of third party in:
- British & World English dictionary