(also Third Way)
- An option regarded as an alternative to two extremes, especially a political agenda that is centrist and consensus-based rather than left- or right-wing: the Third Way espoused by Europe’s new leaders doesn’t challenge the supremacy of the marketplaceMore example sentences
- In the US, which never embraced the tenets of post-war social democracy anyway, the idea of a third way is even murkier than in Britain.
- Now more than ever the search for third ways demands more attention and resources.
- Instead, they have chosen a mushy third way between legalisation and prohibition that few understand and nobody respects.
More definitions of third wayDefinition of third way in:
- The British & World English dictionary