1Relating to the thoracic and lumbar regions of the spine.
- Three positions are required to observe the thoracic, thoracolumbar, and lumbar levels of the spine.
- The thoracic and thoracolumbar regions are, respectively, involved in 48 and 30% of patients with idiopathic scoliosis.
- Ovoid vertebral bodies are seen in the thoracic spine with an associated thoracolumbar scoliosis.
1.1Denoting the sympathetic nervous system.
- They are probably sensory fibers of the thoracolumbar system, possibly modulating the pain of esophageal mucosal inflammation.
- The thoracolumbar pathway seems to have evolved along with the vascular supply to the gastrointestinal tract, for its tracts of nerve fibers follow the blood supply.
Definition of thoracolumbar in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.