Definition of threadfin in English:
A tropical marine fish that has long streamers or rays arising from its pectoral fins, locally important as a food fish.
- Family Polynemidae: several genera and species
- Up here big tidal rivers empty into the ocean and boast world-class fishing for familiar species like cobia and Spanish mackerel plus Australia's own threadfin and blue salmon.
- They look identical to what the Australians call threadfin salmon or king threadfin.
- In Hawaii, for instance, the industry is keeping close watch on a pilot project to raise Pacific threadfin in open-ocean net pens.
Definition of threadfin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.