Definition of threadfin in English:
A tropical marine fish that has long streamers or rays arising from its pectoral fins, locally important as a food fish.
- Family Polynemidae: several genera and species
- Up here big tidal rivers empty into the ocean and boast world-class fishing for familiar species like cobia and Spanish mackerel plus Australia's own threadfin and blue salmon.
- They look identical to what the Australians call threadfin salmon or king threadfin.
- In Hawaii, for instance, the industry is keeping close watch on a pilot project to raise Pacific threadfin in open-ocean net pens.
Definition of threadfin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan