Definition of threading in English:
1A process in which unwanted facial hair is removed by using twisted cotton thread to pull the hair from the follicle.
- Another plus of threading is that it can be done on very short hairs.
- The ancient art of threading - a precision-perfect grooming technique - is a quick way to get them done.
- Bear the ache of threading for shapely eyebrows.
2 Computing The system by which consecutive messages relating to a single subject on a message board or newsgroup are stored for retrieval.
- Several problems arise from handling forums as if they were e-mail lists, beginning with the issues of threading, which, as mentioned above, are different in e-mail and the Web.
Definition of threading in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan