- A game traditionally associated with con men, in which the dealer shows the player three cards then moves them around face-down, the player being obliged to pick the specified card from among the three.More example sentences
- He called the whole thing: ‘The best three-card trick I've seen in a long time.’
- We should not fall for the propagandist's three-card trick, which as Aldous Huxley put it is to ‘make one set of people forget that certain other sets of people are human’.
- What these businessmen have somehow managed to do is pull off is possibly the most audacious and lucrative three-card trick in history.
More definitions of three-card monteDefinition of three-card monte in:
- The British & World English dictionary