A small or medium-sized songbird, typically having a brown back, spotted breast, and loud song.
- Subfamily Turdinae (the thrush subfamily), family Muscicapidae: many genera, in particular Turdus, and numerous species. The thrush subfamily includes the chats, robins, bluebirds, blackbirds, nightingales, redstarts, and wheatears
- Among birds that can be attracted in the summer are brown thrashers, catbirds, robins, thrushes, waxwings, woodpeckers, orioles, cardinals, towhees and grosbeaks.
- The ubiquitous starling is one of the most widespread problem species but blackbirds, partridges, robins, sparrows, thrushes, and finches are also common.
- The migratory songbirds, the thrushes and warblers and tanagers and orioles that summer in the Pacific Northwest, spend their winters in the forested highlands of southern Mexico and Central America.
1Infection of the mouth and throat by a yeastlike fungus, causing whitish patches. Also called candidiasis.
- In newborns, it usually shows up as diaper rash, but new babies can also develop oropharyngeal candidiasis, or thrush, in the mouth and throat.
- These are recommended for some people with gum disease and for people with other mouth infections such as thrush.
- Patients who had HIV infection, oral thrush, lymphadenopathy, chronic cough of more than one month duration, fever, or weight loss were more likely to have mycobacteraemia.
1.1Infection of the genitals with C. albicans fungus.
- Cystitis or vaginal irritations such as thrush, vaginitis, and genital warts are also likely to cause soreness.
- The juice extracted from the fresh flowers is a natural antiseptic that can be used externally to treat bacterial infections and vaginal thrush.
- In men, lichen planus can affect the penis, with purple-coloured or white ring-shaped patches, which may be confused with thrush but are often not itchy.
2A chronic condition affecting the frog of a horse’s foot, causing the accumulation of a dark, foul-smelling substance. Also called canker.
- Iodine is mostly used by ranchers, in miniscule amounts, to treat thrush on horse hooves.
- Learn to identify, prevent, and treat thrush in horse's or pony's hooves.
- Thrush Remedy is an effective treatment that will not stain, sting, or dry out your horse's hooves.