- The chemical element of atomic number 69, a soft silvery-white metal of the lanthanide series. (Symbol: Tm)More example sentences
- Each segment contains small amounts of ions of relatively rare metals, such as dysprosium, thulium, and cerium, which fluoresce in different colors.
- The pure metal can be produced by treating thulium fluoride with calcium metal.
- The main rare-earth ions used are thulium (for devices operating at 1450 to 1510 nm) and erbium.
late 19th century: modern Latin, from Latin Thule Thule ( sense 1), from Greek Thoulē, of unknown origin.
More definitions of thuliumDefinition of thulium in:
- The British & World English dictionary