1A native of Tibet or a person of Tibetan descent.
- At current rates of inward migration, native Tibetans will soon become a minority.
- Thousands of local Qinghai Mongolians and Tibetans were mobilized to participate in the task.
- Such Indian hospitality, however modest, has greatly helped the Tibetans.
2The Tibeto-Burman language of Tibet, also spoken in neighboring areas of China, India, and Nepal.
- Nepali is the official language, but Rai and Tibetan are also spoken.
- To illustrate but one benefit of being educated in India, Tibetans brought up there speak fluent Tibetan - a privilege non-existent to those born elsewhere.
- He was also an accomplished linguist speaking nine foreign languages including Chinese and Tibetan.
Relating to Tibet, its people, or its language.
- She slowly learned the Tibetan language, and gained the physical strength and stamina needed for the intensely hard work of milking, churning butter, making dung cakes, fetching water.
- Then on Saturday and Sunday, June 19-20, there will be a full program of Tibetan culture, meditation, sand mandalas and activities for the kids.
- Himalaya, a new film by author, documentarian, and National Geographic photographer Eric Valli, is finally a feature that delicately captures raw Tibetan culture.
Words that rhyme with TibetanBreton, jetton, Sowetan, threaten
Definition of Tibetan in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.