- 1 • informal A watch.More example sentences
- The club's annual Christmas Fair will take place in the Castlecourt Hotel on the 2nd December and tickers will be on sale at €10.
- The ticker works perfectly well, telling the time in the normal way - except that the second hand runs backwards.
- 1.1A person’s heart.More example sentences
- The build up of waste in his body would have caused heart failure (given he has a dicky ticker anyway).
- And the heart people say aspirin is awfully good for the old ticker.
- The interesting question now is this: has Mr Howard got the ticker?
- 2North American A telegraphic or electronic machine that prints out data on a strip of paper, especially stock market information or news reports.More example sentences
- The network quickly switched to an all-service format showing phone numbers and Red Cross information over the ticker instead of prices.
- Companies could sell subscriptions and place ads inside customized traffic information, weather reports, or sports tickers.
- Demonstrators gathered in a drenching rain under the neon news ticker that carried reports of the latest bombings and troop movements.
- 2.1 another term for news ticker.
More definitions of tickerDefinition of ticker in:
- The British & World English dictionary