- 1A paper strip on which messages are recorded in a telegraphic tape machine.More example sentences
- Hence, a ticker tape automatically records each transaction that occurs on the exchange floor, including trading volume, onto a narrow strip of paper, or tape.
- Once both parties are found, the exchange records the transaction on its ticker tape, and an exchange of money and securities between the parties occurs on settlement.
- I liked the Bull and Bear bar, with its NYSE ticker tape running across the ceiling (so stockbrokers can lose money and drown their sorrows at the same time), and that spectacular entrance lobby.
- 1.1 [as modifier] Denoting a parade or other event in which ticker tape or similar material is thrown from windows.More example sentences
- But I just don't think a ticker-tape parade is appropriate.
- Chicago has not hosted a baseball World Series ticker-tape parade since 1917, but that may change if things continue to go well for the White Sox.
- Americans like their wars to have clean endings, with ticker-tape parades and a memorial on the Mall in Washington.
More definitions of ticker tapeDefinition of ticker tape in:
- The British & World English dictionary