- A channel in which a tide runs, especially the tidal part of a river.More example sentences
- With 120 fish species, hundreds of thousands of birds, and a thriving fishing industry, the river now ranks among the cleanest metropolitan tideways in the world.
- Its calls epitomise the atmosphere of the lonely marshes and tideways where it is found.
- We were after roach and bream, and bream fishing has become excellent in the tideway in recent years.
More definitions of tidewayDefinition of tideway in:
- The British & World English dictionary