- A horizontal beam connecting two rafters in a roof or roof truss.More example sentences
- The pillars join the architrave directly, eliminating the need for an additional tie beam, known as the pupai tie beam, a feature that became common in Chinese wooden halls in the tenth century.
- The grout acts with the duct that is encased in the tie beam to complete the bond path between the posttensioning strands and the concrete.
- The depth of the tie beam was minimized to avoid transverse bending from the tower legs.
More definitions of tie beamDefinition of tie beam in:
- The British & World English dictionary