Definition of tiger beetle in English:
A fast-running predatory beetle that has spotted or striped wing cases and flies in sunshine. The larvae live in tunnels from which they snatch passing insect prey.
- Family Cicindelidae: Cicindela and other genera
- The Ohlone tiger beetle, an insect that exists only in Santa Cruz County, California, received final protection as an endangered species on October 3.
- As an adult, the tiger beetle is one of the top insect predators on the beach.
- This tiger beetle, a common element of the forest fauna, is one of the largest in Trinidad.
Definition of tiger beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan