Definition of tiger beetle in English:
A fast-running predatory beetle that has spotted or striped wing cases and flies in sunshine. The larvae live in tunnels from which they snatch passing insect prey.
- Family Cicindelidae: Cicindela and other genera
- The Ohlone tiger beetle, an insect that exists only in Santa Cruz County, California, received final protection as an endangered species on October 3.
- As an adult, the tiger beetle is one of the top insect predators on the beach.
- This tiger beetle, a common element of the forest fauna, is one of the largest in Trinidad.
Definition of tiger beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.