Definition of tiger lily in English:
A tall lily that has orange flowers spotted with black or purple.
- Lilium lancifolium (or tigrinum), family Liliaceae
- We walked to the back of the garden, and once again, I found myself surrounded by my favorite flower, the tiger lily.
- I looked at my desk and saw a beautiful orange tiger lily, my favorite flower.
- The tiger lily has played a very important role in the development of the Asiatic hybrids and other lilies.
Definition of tiger lily in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.