Definition of tiger lily in English:
A tall lily that has orange flowers spotted with black or purple.
- Lilium lancifolium (or tigrinum), family Liliaceae
- We walked to the back of the garden, and once again, I found myself surrounded by my favorite flower, the tiger lily.
- I looked at my desk and saw a beautiful orange tiger lily, my favorite flower.
- The tiger lily has played a very important role in the development of the Asiatic hybrids and other lilies.
Definition of tiger lily in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia