- An aggressive shark of warm seas, with dark vertical stripes on the body.
More example sentences
- Galeocerdo cuvieri, family Carcharhinidae
- Three types of sharks are common in the area: the sand tiger shark, bull shark and scalloped hammerhead.
- In Hawaii, the only known predator of adult balloonfish is the tiger shark.
- The average tiger shark is about ten feet (three meters), but some can grow over 15 feet long.
More definitions of tiger sharkDefinition of tiger shark in:
- The British & World English dictionary