A large edible shrimp marked with dark bands, found in the Indian and Pacific oceans.
- Genus Penaeus, class Malacostraca: several species, in particular the widely farmed P. monodon
More example sentences
- But then, perhaps you'd like to be more adventurous and go for the succulent tiger shrimp.
- Super Mum had the pan-roasted West Cork scallops and black tiger shrimp with a pearl barley and mascarpone risotto, and lemon confit for €45.
- My linguine di mare contained a generous portion of tiger shrimp, tender calamari, bay scallops and mussels, tossed with al dente linguine and a light oregano-scented tomato sauce.
Definition of tiger shrimp in:
- The British & World English dictionary