- 1A surface covered by tiles: an area of plain tilingMore example sentences
- Both the bathroom and en suite have ceramic floor tiling and full-height wall tiling.
- Apart from coloured grouting to brighten up old tiling, you can also tile over old tiles, as long as they are firmly stuck on.
- Mind you, I was projecting onto acoustic tiling, which isn't an ideal surface.
- 1.1 Mathematics A way of arranging identical plane shapes so that they completely cover an area without overlapping.More example sentences
- We can go ahead and bend the octagon into three dimensions to get an idea of the topology generated by this tiling of the hyperbolic plane.
- It shows a portion of a diamond-based Penrose tiling of the plane.
- This is a representation of a pentagonal tiling of the hyperbolic plane in which four pentagons meet at each vertex.
More definitions of tilingDefinition of tiling in:
- The British & World English dictionary