- A place where jousts took place.More example sentences
- Knight errant, star of the tilt yards and champion to the king, Marshall was one of England's most famous knights.
- The students were able to assemble an ancient catapult and then launch a variety of lead missiles into the air in the tilt yards to see how far they could fling them.
- The most pretentious leisure complex, with tilt yards, cockfighting pits and bowling alleys, was Henry's Whitehall Palace in London.
More definitions of tilt yardDefinition of tilt yard in:
- The British & World English dictionary