- 1The difference in standard time between places in different time zones.More example sentences
- He could have called his friend Doc in New York, he explained to me, but there was a three-hour time difference and maybe the effects of the sun exploding wouldn't be so prominent on the East Coast.
- I was working against a three-hour time difference.
- Remembering the three-hour time difference, he dialed Karen's lab direct.
- 2The difference in the time at which two things happen or in how long they occur.More example sentences
- In this way, Farr and Froelich were able to calculate not only the delay between an outgoing signal and its arrival back at the receiver, but the tiny time differences between its reception along the elements of the array.
- Is there any evidence that ageing in the male is really very much different from women, apart from the time difference that they're doing it about ten years earlier?
- But the time difference between the world championships and autumn marathons isn't that big this year.
More definitions of time differenceDefinition of time difference in:
- The British & World English dictionary