- Time for rest or recreation away from one’s usual work or studies: we’re too busy to take time offMore example sentences
- You also have to take time off during your study period so that you don't burn out.
- My wife and I have a four week old and I had to take time off using my holiday entitlement.
- Women are more likely to have career breaks than men because they are more likely to take time off when they have children.
More definitions of time offDefinition of time off in:
- The British & World English dictionary