- (In various sports) a test of a competitor’s individual speed over a set distance, especially a cycling race in which competitors are separately timed.More example sentences
- Karin will be competing in both the time trial and the individual pursuit in Athens.
- Mark Scanlon will contest both the individual time trial and the road race at the European championships in France next month.
- With her place in the road race long since secure, Cooke has yet to make up her mind about competing in the time trial, the event she came unstuck in at the Commonwealths.
More definitions of time trialDefinition of time trial in:
- The British & World English dictionary