Definition of timing in English:
1The choice, judgment, or control of when something should be done: one of the secrets of golf is good timing
More example sentences
- While you may be pulling off various crazy tricks, they all require good timing and excellent control.
- He also has a wonderful sense of timing, and control over both his material and the audience.
- You might be surprised at the interest level and you would have control of the timing.
1.1A particular point or period of time when something happens.
- l reviewing the signing, lining and signal timings on major roads to improve traffic flow.
- Signal timings have been adjusted to minimise delays to traffic.
- There are five schools and one college in the vicinity and there is no much time gap between the opening and closing timings of all.
1.2(In an internal combustion engine) the times when the valves open and close, and the time of the ignition spark, in relation to the movement of the piston in the cylinder.
- If the ignition timing is retarded, the engine will not burn the fuel efficiently.
- He also believes the effect on engines with variable valve timing will be even greater.
- The cylinder timing was on but a bit slow on a couple of the stops, but it was still on and working.
Words that rhyme with timingtrimming • heartwarming
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.