Definition of timolol in English:
A synthetic compound that acts as a beta blocker and is used to treat hypertension, migraines, and glaucoma.
- Chemical formula: C13H24N4O3S
- The beta-blocker medication timolol may have significant cardiac side effects, including bradycardia and heart failure.
- The beta blockers, including propranolol, nadolol, atenolol, metoprolol, and timolol, are effective but may cause fatigue, sleep disorders, and decreased exercise tolerance.
- One researcher found topical use of the betablocker, timolol, did not work as well in the evening.
1970s: from tim- (of unknown origin) + (propran)olol.
Definition of timolol in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia