- (Of vegetation) extremely dry and flammable.More example sentences
- The already tinder-dry vegetation is further parched by the warm Santa Ana winds which blow in from the desert every year and also fuel any wildfires the moment they break out.
- At latest count, fires had burned a total of more than 18,675 acres of tinder-dry grass and low-lying scrub.
- After the usual preliminaries a smiling countrywoman appeared, bearing a platter on which nestled a large sea bass in a bed of tinder-dry brushwood gathered from the beach.
More definitions of tinder-dryDefinition of tinder-dry in:
- The British & World English dictionary