- A ringing or tinkling sound.More example sentences
- People who were further away from the Minster probably had a better chance of hearing the tintinnabulation because the sound travelled well - despite failing to reach the ears of those gathered right underneath.
- The trees around them were thin and willowy, soft breezes shook their leaves and sounded like cheery tintinnabulations ringing throughout the air.
- Inside: the mellifluous cacophony of the gaming machines, the tintinnabulations of the bells.
mid 19th century: from Latin tintinnabulum 'tinkling bell' (from tintinnare, reduplication of tinnire 'to ring, tinkle') + -ation.
More definitions of tintinnabulationDefinition of tintinnabulation in:
- The British & World English dictionary