1A female Titan.
- Knowing that she begins a new tradition, LaMotte chooses to address the Mother of the Muses, Mnemosyne, ‘thou Titaness, / Thou ancient one, daughter of Heaven and Earth’ instead of Calliope, the muse of epic poetry.
- From this union she bore the nine Titans and three Titanesses each of whom took a brother as husband.
- She was the Goddess of Wisdom, and the daughter of the Titaness who basically personified it.
1.1 (titaness) A female person of very great strength, intellect, or importance.
- All of this goes into the more recent nudes, a fabulous composition of brickwork titanesses limned in starry outlines surrounded by the appurtenances of beauty.
- If his report had unduly favoured one of these equally matched titanesses, that was a natural consequence of their having been lovers for quite some time.
- Here the Titaness of the midlands was hostess to her more restrained sisters of the East and West.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Titaness in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.