- Idle talk; gossip.More example sentences
- I reckon the gossip surrounding her breasts is just that - idle tittle-tattle.
- Despite this he added: ‘What's important to me is not who does a particular job but that we get the message across and I'm not going to get involved in tittle-tattle and gossip about who does what.’
- It's a strange combination of gossip and in-house tittle-tattle.
verb[no object] Back to top
- Engage in gossip or idle talk.More example sentences
- Yet the latest Royal scandal reminds us that as a nation we are still in thrall to gossip and tittle-tattle about the famous - and especially royalty.
early 16th century: reduplication of tattle.
More definitions of tittle-tattleDefinition of tittle-tattle in:
- The British & World English dictionary