A Eurasian plant of the figwort family, typically having yellow or purplish snapdragonlike flowers and slender leaves.
- Linaria and related genera, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, in particular butter-and-eggs (L. vulgaris), with yellow and orange flowers and found widely as a naturalized North American weed
More example sentences
- The wetter areas support meadows containing Missouri goldenrod, false toadflax, golden-glow, Indian paintbrush, Mariposa lily, death camas, and prairie smoke.
- Ivy climbed over the stones and other plants - toadflax, herb robert, wild strawberries, primroses - grew in a splendid profusion.
- Flowers: suitable for the less formal border are harebell, foxglove, ox-eye daisy, toadflax, alpine, autumn and field gentians, cranesbill, forget-me-not, and viper's bugloss.
Definition of toadflax in:
- The British & World English dictionary