Definition of tomography in English:
A technique for displaying a representation of a cross section through a human body or other solid object using X-rays or ultrasound.
- We used plain radiography or computed tomography to diagnose pneumonia.
- The diagnosis may be confirmed with plain radiography, computed tomography, or endoscopy.
- They can be treated by percutaneous drainage guided by ultrasonography or computed tomography if the pancreatic injury was minor.
- Example sentences
- Abdominal ultrasonography or computed tomographic scanning with contrast medium is appropriate when organomegaly is present.
- Two and a half months later, a computed tomographic scan showed multifocal nodules with ill-defined margins in both lungs.
- While in radiology, a computed tomographic scan-guided needle biopsy of a tumor nodule in the bony pelvis was conducted.
1930s: from Greek tomos 'slice, section' + -graphy.
Definition of tomography in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.