Definition of tongue-lashing in English:
A loud or severe scolding: the incensed boss gave him a tongue-lashing
More example sentences
- On Thursday, the coach's 10 o'clock training session was delayed by an hour as he gave his men a severe tongue-lashing about their behaviour the previous evening.
- If the agreement is broken, the miscreant can expect a severe tongue-lashing from the other riders.
- I had to bite my tongue not to give him a tongue-lashing.
- Example sentences
- The very idea that Sharp has been excessively tongue-lashed is absurd.
- By the end there were maybe half a dozen haggard figures sitting in a room, being tongue-lashed by this pedagogic monster.
- Mathian's so far negligible exploits certainly hadn't earned him the right to tongue-lash this man.
Definition of tongue-lashing in:
- British & World English dictionary