adjective• formal or • humorous
- Of or relating to hairdressing.More example sentences
- I envy the youth of today, who never had to live through an era of such tonsorial, not to say sartorial, horrors.
- Those who know me will know I don't pay much attention to matters tonsorial.
- A few of the bolder women stroke the hair of the blondes in our group - the people who live along the Siang are South-East Asian in appearance, and lack variety on the tonsorial front.
early 19th century: from Latin tonsorius (from tonsor 'barber', from tondere 'shear, clip') + -al.
More definitions of tonsorialDefinition of tonsorial in:
- The British & World English dictionary