- A maker of tools, especially a person who makes and maintains tools for use in a manufacturing process.More example sentences
- Among the group were four toolmakers, three die makers, two set up men, a production engineer, and the foreman of the experimental machine shop.
- While most are like the tools sold to professionals, several of them are lighter-weight versions that toolmakers called gentlemen's tools.
- I thought I liked making tools, but what I really like best is helping people to use tools better and helping toolmakers understand their users better.
- More example sentences
- The work of the blacksmith has changed from horseshoes and toolmaking to decorative ironwork, welding, and car repair.
- Because toolmaking was not his full-time occupation, John Stamm's tools are not abundant, but show the same quality and workmanship of his contemporaries such as E. W. Carpenter and Samuel Auxer of Lancaster.
- As toolmaking shifted to major centers, producers and consumers lost face-to-face contact, and toolmakers realized they had to inform potential customers of their products, particularly at the wholesale level.
More definitions of toolmakerDefinition of toolmaker in:
- The British & World English dictionary