Definition of toon in English:
1A cartoon film.
- The toons in question are actually webtoons, Flash animations originally produced for the Warner Brothers Animation website.
- In fact, animated political toons have been part of the Web ever since bandwidth would allow.
- These toons not only grew Cartoon Network's audience by triple digits, they beat out late night old-schoolers for draws of 18-to 24-year-olds.
1.1A character in a cartoon film.
- If papa or mama wants to dance with a toon character, we suppose they will be obliged.
- The graphics focus on different moods and actions of the toon characters and come in colours such as spiced red and turquoise blue.
- And I was wondering, as I always do with plot devices like this, why the human characters deal so calmly with the appearance of toons.
1930s: shortening of cartoon.
Definition of toon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.