- A burrowing mollusk with a slender tusk-shaped shell, which is open at both ends and typically white, and a three-lobed foot. Also called tusk shell.
More example sentences
- Class Scaphopoda, in particular the genus Dentalium
- Even I, who entered not knowing an egg cockle from a dosinia, came out savvy of tooth shells and lightning whelks.
- They are also known as tooth shells and resemble an elephant's tusks.
- Amphineura, containing the chitons, and Scaphopoda, represented by the elephant tooth shell, are two classes of less popular interest.
More definitions of tooth shellDefinition of tooth shell in:
- The British & World English dictionary