Definition of tortious in English:
Constituting a tort; wrongful.
- Public nuisance and libel are also torts and tortious liability is more often pursued than criminal proceedings.
- The Statement of Claim does not identify what was done by any individual defendant to constitute tortious conduct.
- It represents a fundamental attack upon the principle of tortious liability for negligent conduct which has caused foreseeable personal injury to others.
- Example sentences
- The law with respect to the services of a third party who provides voluntary care for a tortiously injured plaintiff has developed somewhat erratically in England.
- They have also amended their counterclaim against JMP / JPP to claim relief for tortiously inducing a breach of the licence agreement.
- Accordingly, he declared that none of the residents could be found to have tortiously interfered with Boca Investors Group based exclusively on evidence that they had threatened to file, or actually filed, meritless lawsuits.
Definition of tortious in:
- British & World English dictionary