(also tostado /-dō/)
noun (plural tostadas also tostados)
- A Mexican deep-fried tortilla topped with a seasoned mixture of beans, ground meat, and vegetables.More example sentences
- She explains the difference between chimichangas, burritos, tacos, tostadas, enchiladas and fajitas.
- As for more mainstream Mexican fare, the buffet has it all: tostadas, tacos, quesadillas, fajitas and a make-your-own burrito bar.
- Tacos, enchiladas, tostadas and burritos can be ordered as either entrées or mains, and are ordered per item (for example: a beef taco is $3.60, a chicken burrito is $8.00).
Spanish, literally 'toasted', past participle of tostar.
More definitions of tostadaDefinition of tostada in:
- The British & World English dictionary