- The Calvinist doctrine that human nature is thoroughly corrupt and sinful as a result of the Fall.More example sentences
- This is what theologians mean when they speak of total depravity.
- Preach to us about our total depravity and God's sovereign electing mercy and grace.
- Thirdly, this truth of total depravity and inability led me to see that in evangelizing others, we are wholly dependent on the grace and power of God, and not on our ability to convince or persuade them.
More definitions of total depravityDefinition of total depravity in:
- The British & World English dictionary