- A war that is unrestricted in terms of the weapons used, the territory or combatants involved, or the objectives pursued, especially one in which the laws of war are disregarded.More example sentences
- However, another aspect of total war, unrestricted submarine warfare, caused the USA to enter the war and to a degree negate success in the east.
- Occasionally, the term total war approximates the meaning of modernity.
- Perhaps no one who maintains the Civil War was a total war means it so literally.
More definitions of total warDefinition of total war in:
- The British & World English dictionary