- 1The whole of something: the totality of their current policiesMore example sentences
- Each social construction is then part of a larger whole - a totality.
- Yoga is then not just exercise and stretches, but encompasses the totality of the whole person.
- He posed once the idea to me that the whole, the totality of the universe is just perception.
- 1.1 Astronomy The moment or duration of total obscuration of the sun or moon during an eclipse.More example sentences
- Only the eastern coast of North America will see the eclipse totality, as the Moon rises.
- As the eclipse reached totality that had fallen to just 83 degrees.
- To get totality, the Moon must be near enough and the Sun far enough such that the lunar disk can completely block the Sun.
in its totality
- As a whole: a deeper exploration of life in its totalityMore example sentences
- The sovereign creates and guarantees the situation as a whole in its totality.
- But you haven't read the book in its totality and you have to read the book in its totality.
- Which, in its totality, made for wonderful theatre.