Definition of totality in English:
1The whole of something: the totality of their current policies
More example sentences
- Each social construction is then part of a larger whole - a totality.
- Yoga is then not just exercise and stretches, but encompasses the totality of the whole person.
- He posed once the idea to me that the whole, the totality of the universe is just perception.
1.1 Astronomy The moment or duration of total obscuration of the sun or moon during an eclipse.
- Only the eastern coast of North America will see the eclipse totality, as the Moon rises.
- As the eclipse reached totality that had fallen to just 83 degrees.
- To get totality, the Moon must be near enough and the Sun far enough such that the lunar disk can completely block the Sun.
in its totality
- As a whole: a deeper exploration of life in its totalityMore example sentences
- The sovereign creates and guarantees the situation as a whole in its totality.
- But you haven't read the book in its totality and you have to read the book in its totality.
- Which, in its totality, made for wonderful theatre.